Chayote (Sayote) is a low-calorie vegetable that is both healthy and tasty. It contains only 19 calories per 100 grams, so it’s perfect for those who are conscious on their weight but don’t want to compromise on taste.
Sautéed Chayote with Ground Pork
- 3 pcs chayote (sayote)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 250g lean ground pork
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until limp.
- Add ground pork and sauté for 3 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes and cook until softened.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and continue to cook until pork is cooked through.
- Add oyster sauce and stir until well-dispersed.
- Add sayote and continue to cook for about 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetable is tender yet crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
*Other ingredients are also available here at Landers.