Organic Squash (Orgop) approx. 600g
High in vitamins A, B6, and C, folate, magnesium, fiber, riboflavin, phosphorus, and potassium, Squash (Kalabasa) is a serious nutritional power-packed vegetable.
Squash and Shrimp Fritters (Okoy)
- 1pc squash (kalabasa), grated in strips
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup water
- 1pc egg
- ½ tbsp salt
- 250g small shrimps
- 1 cup cooking oil
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper (or chopped chilis)
- In a bowl, mix flour and ½ cup water.
- Add egg and ½ tbsp of salt, then blend well.
- Add kalabasa strips to the dissolved flour and mix.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour about ¼ cup of squash mixture into the frying pan.
- Put pieces of small shrimps in the middle of squash mixture.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with spicy vinegar and garlic for dipping.
- To make the dip, mix all the ingredients and serve on the side.